It’s the last mental health check of the year and we are gonna talk about a meme that attacked both of us this week on Instagram.
NO ONE’S COMING TO SAVE YOU
Just gonna punch you in the mouth real fast to start the episode, sorry. But here’s the deal. You’re 100% in control, baby. Shit’s bad? Ain’t no one coming for you, so start swimming.
- I learned this the same way I learn most lessons in life… the hard way. I’m just like that. (Post Maria, literally nobody came to help. So we had to get it done.)
- This one sucks to accept, for a lot of people. I had to learn this early, which is a whale other conversation for a different day. I hate the cliche “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” but there’s definitely something to that in this regard. Sometimes you’re going to have to do it yourself. And it isn’t fun, and it isn’t easy, but at the end of the day, you are the only one who can do some of the things in life.
- college story
- working out
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY IS THE PATH TO FREEDOM
You hear the word “accountability” around here a lot… cuz we are big fans of it.
- When you learn that your words have weight, you learn to use them differently… and that means your relationships change.
- You speak more kindly to yourself and those around you, you learn how much easier it is to maintain relationships when you don’t have relationships based on drama or negativity. This will irritate some people around you… that’s okay. You learn a lot about people when you set a boundary with them, so pay attention.
- Setting boundaries is a form of personal accountability. I still struggle with that. But it goes back to that familiar cliche “you can’t fill from an empty pitcher” If you’re unable to be there for you and hold yourself accountable, how can you be there for anyone else?
CREATING A DIFFERENT LIFE MEANS CREATING NEW HABITS
Us? Talk about habits? AGAIN? it’s like they’re important or something. 🙂
- Read the power of habit. I don’t like telling people what to do with their life, but seriously read it. I think it’s necessary.
- Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. That quote comes from Albert Einstein.
NOT EVERYONE WILL WANT WHAT’S BEST FOR YOU, AND THAT’S OKAY.
This one sucks. It’s hard as hell to compartmentalize. But it true. Some people just won’t fucking like you, and they will want to see you fail. Learn to live with it, humans are envious vain skinsacks… if it’s not someone you’d take advice from, don’t pay them any fucking mind.
- Also remember that any flack thrown your way that isn’t true or is just downright mean is not a reflection of you. It’s a projection from said person.
No responses yet